Talent Injection – Leading UK Multi-Channel Retailer (Privately owned)
The business had just received £100m investment from the owners to support its ambitions to become the UK’s leading digital department store. Working with the relatively new Group CIO, we identified 2 roles of particular strategic importance to this transformation:
The RolesBoth direct reports to the Group CIO:
- Head of IS Delivery
- Head of Strategy and Architecture
- Professionalise and mature how the IT function performs, how it is measured and how it is perceived internally by other functions.
- Drive greater cohesion between IT and the business
- Renegotiate the scope of major IT vendor contracts.
- Build out the internal technical capability to decrease future reliance on external vendors and break the default outsourcing mentality.
- Lead, inspire and develop the people within IT, a function that had somewhat stagnated
- Provide the CIO with two members of his leadership team capable of independently representing him at Board level when needed
- Recruit with succession in mind.
- Search across the UK, with a shortlist of four and five candidates respectively
- Successful candidates placed from the retail and travel sectors.
Reference from the Client
“Having worked with Weaverbird on the appointment of 2 senior IT leaders I would comfortably recommend their service. Knowledgeable and with genuine market insight, they were able to access high level talent and delivered on what were challenging, difficult assignments.”