IT Leadership Team Build – FTSE 20 Pharmaceutical Giant
With the business involved in radical turnaround we supported the Global CIO, tasked to achieve a $650m saving in IT spend whilst increasing the stability and performance of IT. Following a benchmarking exercise and reorganisation we were ultimately retained on searches for 9 of his direct reports globally. Following a highly successful campaign, we were re-retained to build out their respective direct reporting lines.
The Roles Included
- Global Head of Infrastructure
- Global Head of Service Delivery
- Global Head of Application Delivery and Maintenance
- Global Head of IT Finance
- Global Head of IT HR, Legal & Corporate Affairs
- Global Head of Methodologies, Lean & Programme Management (OCIO)
- Director of Global Technology Centre Establishment, India
- European Workplace Director
- CIO, China
- Each of these positions required us to secure world-class talent, not only to build/improve the capability within the team but to have a marked impact on the culture; improving attitude, energy levels, communication/collaboration and customer focus
- For several of these positions, detailed assessment of internal candidates was also required in parallel to the external search.
- An international search (with particular focus on Europe and USA) with a shortlist of four candidates for each role
- Successful candidates placed from financial services, FMCG, IT services, oil & gas, retail, and telco sectors.
Reference from the Client
“I have retained Weaverbird on multiple searches over the last 6 months as part of a restructure and upskilling of our global leadership team. They have continually demonstrated an ability to deliver on what were often very challenging assignments. This includes working on newly created roles to build capabilities from scratch, securing transatlantic relocations, an international assignment to India as well as often working to include internal candidates in their process. The calibre of individual that the team are able to source and secure into each role consistently exceeds expectations. The time he invests to understand the agenda surrounding each hire; teasing out the real requirements and the depth of relationship that is then built with the candidates is particularly impressive. Their approach is meticulous, tenacious, reassuringly transparent throughout and ultimately highly successful. I have no hesitation in recommending them.”